I agree with the point that online schooling would eliminate inequality in school districts because all students would be given the same equipment. If all students are given the same equipment and standards, they will all have the same opportunity to learn. This eliminates budgeting problems within the districts. In some cases some districts receive less funding and therefore have lower schooling conditions. This affects the learning atmosphere of the students in a negative way. With online schooling students receive all the same funding and therefore the same education.
I have seen firsthand the effects of schools that do not have enough funds. Thankfully I attended a school that was well off and I was given advantages in my education. The school in my neighboring town was constantly trying to pass levies. They didn’t have enough paper for the entire school year; they eliminated sports and music, and laid off many teachers. Many students transferred to neighboring schools. The students struggled and their educations suffered. With online schooling this would be eliminated. However I am not a huge fan of online schooling. It would be a good solution to inequality in school districts, but not the first option I would choose.
No comments:
Post a Comment