I’ve wanted to be a teacher since I was in first grade. Day by day I am getting closer to this childhood dream. Technology and teaching methods have changed drastically since I discovered I wanted to be a teacher many years ago. I learned with blocks, flannel graphs, and chalkboards. Today the majority of learning and teaching occurs with computers, smart boards, and ipads. Although the technologies have changed, my passion for wanting to teach has not.
With technology constantly changing teaching methods in the years to come will be dramatically altered. Teacher and students will be made to learn how to operate the newest gadgets and learning tools. The technologies we already have are continually being improved and modified. More classes will focus around technology and learning how to use the technology. Instead of working on handwriting incessantly, typing will be more of a concentration. Tests and worksheets on paper are soon to become extinct. I predict that in the near future almost all school work will be done on the computer. It’s almost inevitable with the innovations of today. Many of the technologies I used in my early years of education are no longer in use. Technology will alter education in the years to come.
I agree with you that technology is changing the traditional ways of learning (and teaching). Usually this is a good thing since the workplace is becoming increasingly technologic as well. However, this can also be bad. For example, when math homework is asked to be done on the computer it can become more complicated to configure and places less focus on learning the actual material.
ReplyDeleteI like the layout of your blog page and I think that you picked a good color scheme. The print and text is also very easy to read.
ReplyDeleteAnd I agree that soon students in schools will mostly be working on computers. It feels like writing with a paper and pencil is going to be a lost art form. All the new gadgets that are available today can be really exciting, but they can also be quite frustrating to me, and I hope that future students will still use other school tools such as books and pencils and not only use iPads and laptops.