Sunday, September 25, 2011

Teachers Learn Too

I know I get tired of learning in the same old way all the time and whenever I can learn with something new I am almost embarrassingly excited.  As a teacher, we should be just as excited to teach with these new technologies. If we aren’t excited, how can we expect our students to be excited? The beauty about becoming a teacher is that you have the freedom to experiment with the newest technologies to engage your class.
The crazy thing about technology is that it never stops. Once you master a technology, a new one has already been introduced. This week I was familiarized with a few of the newest technologies that can be used as creative tools for teaching. Websites that go beyond note taking and keep the students interested.  Exploring all of these new sites and technologies has helped me to see that just sticking with the technologies that you know is robbing your students of new and imaginative ways of learning. Using different methods keeps the students interested and helps keep you as the teacher from losing interest as well. I really enjoyed learning about the different ways that I can make lesson plans and use different resources on the internet to teach my class. I can’t wait to try Prezi and see the looks on my students’ faces.

2 comments:

  1. What a powerful and true thing to say that to stick with the things that you know is robbing your students of expanding their education and all that is out there. I completely agree and loved bouncing ideas off of one teacher to another because together we can improve education through technology!
    Ali Stein

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell you what... as one of your Tech in the Classroom instructors... this warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete