Including technology in education can expand creativity in learning. If you add anything new into your teaching, it’s going to spark the imagination of your students. This is especially true of technology because it has so many versatile uses. Just a computer can provide tools, games, interactive learning, and much more. I don’t think anyone would disagree that using technology stimulates the students. I am not technologies biggest fan though. It serves a great purpose in assisting in teaching but I feel like we forget about other methods that stimulate kid’s minds also. Sure technology allows students to be creative but I feel that students could be more creative if sometimes we made them accomplish work without technology. This way they appreciate what they have and expand their creativity with more than just technology. Many people give accolade after accolade to modern technology and say how it improves student’s creativity. I have to wonder though what are students are not learning because they technology is doing all of the work for them. Do they know what goes on behind the scenes as they click for answers? I’m not trying to bash technology, I’m simply offering another point of view that most overlook.
I agree! Very well written and clearly communicated. Technology does spark learning interest in children and we will be able to see that first hand some day!
ReplyDeleteAli Stein
I also agree that technology can create a new spark and enhance the imagination of students! I hope to accomplish this someday with my students by using technology.
ReplyDeleteI am also not the biggest fan of technology, however; I do think it is important to understand and know how to use it. This is a great post! I think, as teachers, we need to stimulate creative with and without technology in order for our students to truly benefit.
ReplyDelete